What we believe
Mark 16:15-16…Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
So our mission is to:
- REACH every available person, at every available time, by every available means, with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- TEACH: Because in Jesus Christ the call to discipleship automatically follows
teach. We believe strongly that every person has a God given purpose.
- MOBILIZE: The teaching, training and development of leaders is essential to
mobilize the church for the work of the ministry, building orphanages, and planting churches around the world.
The Ten Tenets of a Victory Church
- God is the Author of Victory Churches International.
- God is the Source of all of our needs – financial, spiritual, physical, relational, or otherwise.
- We have a lifetime commitment to our vision.
- We purpose to be continually renewed in our vision and our mind.
- People are the focus of our ministry, not programs.
- We believe every problem can be solved.
- Agreement is the framework of our power.
- We seek to lead through relationship rather than position.
- We are committed to increase as opposed to maintenance.
- We hold the Word of God to be true and every contrary circumstance subject to change.
Statement of Faith
- In one true and living God, eternally existing and revealed to us as the Father, creator of all things; the Son, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, and the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension unto God and imminent return in power and glory.
- The Holy Scriptures are the inspired and complete revelation of God’s will concerning man’s salvation through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That men are saved solely through faith in God’s grace as displayed in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism as a public declaration that a believer has died with Christ and risen with Him to walk a life of holiness and love.
- In the unity of all true believers as members of the universal body of Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.
- In the celebration of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus.
- In the ministry of the Holy Spirit:
- By the inward witness of salvation to the believer.
- By daily guidance and the growth of Christ-like character.
- By the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from and following the new birth, evidenced initially by speaking with other tongues, and subsequently by the manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service.
- By the manifestation of the supernatural gifts of the Spirit as listed in I Corinthians 12:8-10.
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself. Those who have not accepted His redemptive work on their behalf will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead.
- That following His return Jesus Christ will rule and reign for one thousand years on the earth. After this there will be a new heaven and a new earth.
Invite Jesus Into Your Life – How to Be Born Again
Every person wonders at some time or other about life after death. And many who believe in the hereafter have no idea what actually will happen to them after they die. Even though it is the most important decision a person will ever make, most people just suppress it or put it off, and “hope for the best”, since it can be such an awesome and frightening thought.
“God has made it very clear in the Bible exactly what you must do in order to go to heaven…”
Well, you don’t have to wonder about it anymore. He did not leave us in the dark at all about this most-important fact. The Bible tells us that He longs for everyone to be “saved,” and “is not willing that any should perish.” But, it is so simple that many miss it.
“Jesus made a way for us to go to heaven…”
The most prevalent misconception is that if a person is good enough he or she will go to heaven (But no one is quite sure what “good enough” is.) Actually, the Bible says over and over that salvation has nothing to do with our own goodness. But, Jesus made a way for us to go to heaven on His goodness. It depends totally on the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins.
So, people who are hoping they’re good enough, and struggling to make it, need to know the good news and their struggles will be over.
“Confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord…”
Romans 10:9-10 says that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. This word “saved” means born again, delivered, healed, preserved, safe and sound. In other words, it does not only mean to be saved from hell, but from the evil in this world we live in as well. Being saved from eternal damnation is a one-time thing, whereas being healed, preserved, etc. is an ongoing process which becomes increasingly true in our lives as we gain knowledge of God and His Word.
“Our sins have been dealt with and all we have to do is accept it…”
Jesus said that unless a person is “born again,” he cannot enter the Kingdom of God. He went on to explain that our first birth is a human, fleshly birth, but the second birth is the birth of our spirit — that spiritual inner part of us. Since every person is guilty of sin, we all would stand condemned before God, were it not for the death and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus, a perfect man, died to pay the penalty for everyone’s sin, and anyone who accepts that sacrifice is then accepted by God as perfect, like Jesus.
That qualifies us for heaven.
God told us to tell the world that He is not holding their sins against them. He wants people to know that their sins have been dealt with and all we have to do is accept it.
“If you would like to be saved and secure…simply pray this prayer…”
Simply pray this prayer:
“God I recognize that I have sinned and need salvation. I believe in my heart that Jesus died and rose from the dead for my sin and I accept His sacrifice for me. I confess Him as Lord of my life and commit my life to You. Thank You for the good news that this means I am born again and saved. Thank You for accepting me and transforming my life, for wiping out my past and giving me a brand new beginning. Thank You that I am now Your child and You will care for me for the rest of my life and take me to live forever with you when I die.”
“Old things are passed away; all things are become new…”
If you prayed this sincerely, then you are born again! The Bible says “old things are passed away; all things are become new.” He is now your Saviour and Lord. He is your protector, your healer, your friend, the answer to every problem you will ever face. The way to get to know all about this new life of yours is to study your Bible, pray daily and become a part of a dynamic church that teaches the Word of God.
Otherwise you could live far below your rights and privileges as a child of God. It is a wonderful, meaningful life of purpose to be saved.
Welcome to the family!
Being filled with the Holy Spirit – Power Comes Into Your Life!
When Jesus was here on earth, He told His disciples that after His death and resurrection, He would be leaving them and no longer be with them physically, but He would send them the Holy Spirit, who would dwell with them forever. When the Holy Spirit came upon them, they would receive God’s POWER!
Jesus said, “And you shall receive power after the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you shall be witnesses unto Me, both in Jerusalem, and in Judea, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth.” Acts 1:8
When the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples on the Day of Pentecost, His power absolutely transformed their lives. Whereas they had been frightened, demoralized and discouraged, on the day they were filled with the Holy Spirit, they stood up and boldly and publicly proclaimed the gospel right in the presence of their most dangerous enemies. That day 3,000 people were saved. Their story, which is told in the book of Acts, is one of miraculous signs, healings and supernatural protection that turned the world upside down and changed the course of history.
The Holy Spirit wants to impart that same power to you. He was the one who made you a new creature when you said that prayer to be born-again.